Last Updated: 11/10/2019
Information We Collect
We may collect personal data from or on behalf of Merchants. Merchants determine the scope of the personal data transferred to us or that we collect, and the information we receive may vary by Merchant. Typically, the information we collect on behalf of Merchants includes:
Information that we collect when a Merchant’s customers make a payment
When a customer makes a payment via a payment provider, we collect information about the transaction, which may include personal data. Information about transactions includes the payment card used, name associated with the payment card, the location of the merchant’s store, date and time of the transaction, transaction amount, and information about the goods or services purchased in the transaction.
In addition, we collect:
Additional information Merchants’ customers provide through the kiosk or client apps
We may collect additional information ancillary to the payment. This information may include:
- Customers’ email address or phone number, such as when the customer chooses to receive an electronic receipt
- Customers’ marketing preferences, such as whether the customer wishes to receive marketing communications or newsletters
- Information about participating customers’ activity in a merchant loyalty program
- Customers’ physical address, where needed for delivery of goods or services
- Other information the customer provides, such as birthdate, interests or preferences, reviews, and feedback
In addition, we collect: [describe additional data collected, if any, after payment is made.]
Information that we collect about Merchants’ personnel
We may collect information about Merchants’ personnel and interactions with our app or platforms, such as clock-in and clock-out time and tips earned [describe any other applicable information].
Additional information that Merchants provide to us about their customers or personnel
Merchants may provide us with additional information directly, via access they grant to us, or otherwise. The types of information that merchants may provide to us about their customers include email addresses, phone numbers, and purchase history [describe any other applicable information]. The types of information that merchants may provide to us about their personnel include email addresses, phone numbers, shifts, and sales history [describe any other applicable information].
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the personal data we collect for or on behalf of Merchants, to provide our services and the functionality of our application: [Describe the application’s uses of personal data]
We may also use personal data for related internal purposes, including:
- To provide information about the application, such as important updates or changes to the application and security alerts
- To measure performance of and improve the application
- To respond to inquiries, complaints, and requests for customer support
In addition, Company may use personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our application; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Information
We may share personal data that we collect with:
- The Merchant from whom or on whose behalf we collected the personal data
- The platform on which our application runs, including but not limited to Google Android, Google Play Services, Square, or the Clover POS.
- With third parties as a Merchant may direct
- With third party service providers that help us manage and improve the application
Your Rights and Choices
Data Subject Rights
Data Subject Rights
To the extent that applicable law provides individuals with rights pertaining to their personal information, such as to review and request changes to their personal information, individuals should contact the Merchant with any requests pertaining to the Merchant’s use of our application. To the extent that Clover is responsible for responding to data subject rights requests under applicable law, individuals may contact Clover with applicable requests as explained in Clover’s Privacy Notice, https://www.clover.com/privacy-policy. Company will assist a Merchant, or Clover, as applicable, in responding to such requests subject to our contract with a Merchant or Clover.
If you have a complaint about our handling of personal data, you may contact us via the contact information provided below.
PO Box 8310
Reston, VA 20195